This Crispy Parmesan Fried Chicken recipe is a testament to the power of simple ingredients elevating a classic dish into something extraordinary. Imagine a tender, seasoned chicken cutlet, carefully coated in a blend of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, then fried to a perfect golden crispness. The Parmesan cheese not only adds a rich, nutty depth of flavor, but also imparts a crunchy texture that transforms an ordinary cutlet into a delicious chicken dinner your entire family will enjoy!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE CRISPY PARMESAN FRIED CHICKEN CUTLETS
- Chicken: Use boneless chicken breasts or pounded down chicken thighs to make this Parmesan Fried Chicken. If using thighs, cook time will increase to about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Parmesan cheese: Use freshly grated, or store-bought freshly shredded or grated, Parmesan cheese. Do NOT use the powdery, store-bought Parmesan cheese.
- Flour: This recipe for Parmesan Chicken Cutlets uses AP flour. However, to make this chicken recipe low-carb and/or gluten-free, substitute with any nut flour (not meal), like almond or walnut flour.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PARMESAN CHICKEN CUTLETS
- Slice each chicken breast in half or in thirds, horizontally.
- Season on both sides with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Dip the cutlet into the egg wash, allow any excess to drip off, then coat in the Parmesan mixture.
- Fry in the olive oil/butter mixture until golden brown on one side, without touching (about 4 minutes). Flip and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
Air Fryer Method
Alternatively, once the chicken is coated, follow these steps to create Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken Cutlets:
- Set the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Spray the chicken cutlets with olive oil or avocado oil spray.
- In a single layer, air fry the chicken for 7-8 minutes. Flip. Air fry for another 3-4 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Repeat for the remaining chicken cutlets.
To bake, place the coated chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 425°F (218°C) for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
TIPS ON MAKING THE BEST CRISPY PARMESAN FRIED CHICKEN CUTLETS
Here are a few tips to ensure this quick and easy crispy chicken recipe comes out perfectly, every single time:
- As an alternative to slicing chicken breasts and as a time-saver, purchase thinly sliced chicken breasts.
- For a more even coating, grate the Parmesan cheese using a lemon zester.
- Press the chicken into the Parmesan mixture to fully coat.
- Use a non-stick pan to ensure the chicken does not stick to the bottom.
- The temperature of the oil/butter needs to be at a medium/medium-high to ensure the chicken fully-cooks and the cheese does not burn.
- Store leftover chicken cutlets wrapped tightly in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Crispy Parmesan Fried Chicken is a versatile dish that pairs well with a variety of sides and accompaniments. For a lighter meal, serve with a fresh garden salad. Here are some additional, delicious options to serve alongside this flavorful chicken dish:
- Creamy Spinach Orzo Pasta
- Pasta with Broccoli
- Lentil Salad
- Olive Oil Potato Salad
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Vegetables
MORE CRISPY CHICKEN RECIPES TO LOVEPrint
GET TO KNOW ME!
WELCOME! My name is Melissa Latin aka. Charlotte Fashion Plate. Happy to meet you! I am more than just recipes. I love fashion and style too! Most importantly, I love my Family (my Hubby and my Fur Babies). My Husband (aka my “Kitchen Bitch”) means the world to me. He’s pretty damn cool too. Not only is he one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, he also has had a lengthy career in professional hockey. Not only winning two Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins in the early ’90’s, but most recently winning the Calder Cup with the Charlotte Checkers, amongst many other accolades. If you live in Charlotte and play hockey, or have a family member who plays, be sure to contact him!
Our life has changed dramatically in the past few years with the passing of our two goldendoodles, Vegas and Viva. We were lucky enough to have Vegas for five years (totally wish it was longer). Most recently, losing our Viva to a brain tumor in July of 2020. We welcomed our mini goldendoodle 7, almost seven years ago. We just added the amazing Hazel! Of course, I am always posting tons and tons of photos! Be sure to check out my recipe for Pet Bone Broth! This broth is super rich in nutrients and will provide your pet with a multitude of health benefits!
Let’s Get Social!
Be sure to follow me on social media! I’m always talking food, fashion, and family! I also love sharing some of my favorite Amazon Finds too. Click here to check out my Amazon page! Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Pinterest! THANK YOU!