Ditch the boxed “San Francisco Treat!” Homemade Almond Rice Pilaf is super easy to prepare, and incredibly delicious. Toasted almonds add a beautiful crunchy texture to this dish. This savory rice recipe makes for a lovely side dish for almost any protein. Alternatively, make as a vegetarian rice pilaf by simply substituting vegetable broth for the chicken stock.
Of course, I created a short video on TikTok making this incredible Almond Rice Pilaf. Be sure to check it out in the recipe below! If you have not yet signed up for this social media platform, use my code 5SSIS800K0H06 to create an account.
WHAT IS RICE PILAF?
Rice Pilaf is basically white rice amped up a bit, with very little effort.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST ALMOND RICE PILAF
For the fluffiest and tastiest homemade rice pilaf, be sure to follow these tips:
- be sure the stock mixture is HOT prior to adding to the orzo/rice
- adjust the seasonings to your liking
- toast the orzo to brown, do NOT burn
- use a medium- or long-grain rice
- RINSE the rice
- broken spaghetti can be a great alternative to orzo
- toast the almonds, do NOT burn
- taste for salt
As mentioned earlier, this lovely Almond Rice Pilaf recipe is a perfect accompaniment to any protein. This rice dish was amazing paired with Dover Sole Meunière. Additionally, enjoy this nutty rice recipe with any of the following:
LEFTOVER ALMOND RICE PILAF
Leftovers are amazing, and can be enjoyed for up to three or four days, stored in the fridge.Print
ALMOND RICE PILAF
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
Ditch the boxed “San Francisco Treat!” Homemade Almond Rice Pilaf is super easy to prepare, and incredibly delicious. Toasted almonds add a beautiful crunchy texture to this dish. This side dish was prepared to accompany my lovely Dover Sole Meunière. This savory rice recipe makes for a lovely side dish for almost any protein. Alternatively, make as a vegetarian rice pilaf by simply substituting vegetable broth for the chicken stock.
- 2 3/4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup medium-grain rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a saucepan, heat up the chicken broth, butter, kosher salt, black pepper and paprika.
- Rinse the rise until the water runs clear. Reserve.
- In a separate pan, add the olive oil and orzo. Toast the orzo until it’s browned.
- Add in the minced garlic and shallot. Allow to cook for just a minute.
- Add in the rice. Season with a touch more kosher salt.
- Pour in the hot stock. Mix.
- Cover and allow the mixture to simmer on low for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- As the rice is simmering, toast the almonds in a pan.
- Once the rice is finished, fluff with a fork.
- Add in the toasted almonds and fresh parsley.
- Serve and ENJOY!
SEE POST FOR NOTES!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: how to make rice pilaf, how to make homemade rice pilaf, what is rice pilaf, how to make vegetarian rice pilaf, substitute for orzo pasta, side dish recipe ideas, easy side dish recipes,
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
I am more than just recipes. I love fashion and style too! Most importantly, I love my Family (my Hubby and my Fur Babies). My Husband (aka my “Kitchen Bitch”) means the world to me. He’s pretty damn cool too. Not only is he one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, he also has had a lengthy career in professional hockey. Not only winning two Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins in the early ’90’s, but most recently winning the Calder Cup with the Charlotte Checkers, amongst many other accolades. If you live in Charlotte and play hockey, or have a family member who plays, be sure to contact him!
Our life has changed dramatically in the past few years with the passing of our two goldendoodles, Vegas and Viva. We were lucky enough to have Vegas for five years (totally wish it was longer). Most recently, losing our Viva to a brain tumor in July of 2020. We welcomed our mini goldendoodle 7, almost seven years ago. We just added the amazing Hazel! Of course, I am always posting tons and tons of photos! Be sure to check out my recipe for Pet Bone Broth! This broth is super rich in nutrients and will provide your pet with a multitude of health benefits!
Be sure to follow me on social media! I’m always talking food, fashion, and family! I also love sharing some of my favorite Amazon Finds too. Click here to check out my Amazon page! Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Pinterest! THANK YOU!
No comment yet, add your voice below!