*This post may contain affiliate links. See my privacy statement for details.
So, it’s another weeknight and you are searching for a quick, and easy meal. Look no further than to this recipe for Easy Chicken and Mushrooms. As mentioned in a few of my recent blogs, my Hubby is currently on the keto diet. In the past few months, I have had to become very creative in the kitchen. See, I love pasta and potatoes. Well, so does he. However, he is doing great and has more willpower than I ever thought he did. This recipe was perfect for him. For me, one pan and dinner was DONE!
Of course, I created a short TikTok video making this recipe for Easy Chicken and Mushrooms. Click here to view. If you have not yet signed up for this social media platform, use my code 5SSIS800K0H06 to create an account.
TIPS FOR MAKING EASY CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS
You may know by now that I am not much of a fan of dark meat. So, with that being said, I decided to use large, boneless chicken breasts. To make this recipe super quick to prepare, cut the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise. Yes, you can replace the breasts with boneless chicken thighs.
Additionally, if you have one, use a cast iron pan. The sear you will achieve on the chicken and mushrooms will provide for incredible flavor. In keeping this recipe keto friendly, I just coated the chicken breasts with a light dusting of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. If you are not concerned with keeping this recipe for Easy Chicken and Mushrooms keto, I would suggest coating the chicken with seasoned flour.
In my opinion, variety is key. For this dish, I used both white (button), and baby bella (cremini) mushrooms. Once you have removed the chicken from the pan, add the mushrooms. Allow the mushrooms to cook down for a few minutes prior to seasoning with the kosher salt and black pepper. Turn up the heat to medium-high. This will allow the liquid to cook off and brown the mushrooms. Feel free to experiment with other types of mushrooms.
WHAT SIDE DISH TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS
If you plan on keeping this meal keto friendly, I would suggest serving it up, like I did with steamed broccoli. My Mashed Cauliflower, or a side salad would be great alternatives. However, if you do not care about adhering to keto, my Homemade Mashed Potatoes will be the most perfect side. Honestly, that is how I enjoyed mine. If you do not want to take the time to make your own mashed potatoes, Bob Evans are a really great substitute. ENJOY!Print
EASY CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 3 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This Easy Chicken and Mushrooms is a perfect weeknight meal that is not only quick to prepare, but also keto friendly!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half (horizontally)
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 Cup white wine
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock
- 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 –2 Tablespoons sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- fresh chopped parsley, garnish
- Cut chicken breasts in half, horizontally.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron pan.
- Coat each breast with a light dusting of the Parmesan cheese.
- Brown the chicken on both sides. Plan on about four minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and allow to cook down for a few minutes before seasoning them with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Turn up the heat to allow the moisture to cook off and brown the mushrooms.
- Turn the heat back down and add in the shallots and garlic. Cook for just a minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Loosen up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Toss in the fresh herbs.
- Pour in the chicken stock and heavy whipping cream.
- Add in the sun dried tomatoes. Cook for another minute or two.
- Add back the chicken. Cook long enough to heat up the chicken.
- Plate. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- See post for side dish recommendations.
SEE POST FOR RECIPE TIPS
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
I am more than just recipes. I love fashion and style too! Most importantly, I love my Family (my Hubby and my Fur Babies). My Husband (aka my “Kitchen Bitch”) means the world to me. He’s pretty damn cool too. Not only is he one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, he also has had a lengthy career in professional hockey. Not only winning two Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins in the early ’90’s, but most recently winning the Calder Cup with the Charlotte Checkers, amongst many other accolades. If you live in Charlotte and play hockey, or have a family member who plays, be sure to contact him. He is known as one of the best skate sharpeners in the world!
Our life has changed dramatically in the past few years with the passing of our two goldendoodles, Vegas and Viva. We were lucky enough to have Vegas for five years (totally wish it was longer). Most recently, losing our Viva to a brain tumor in July of 2020. We welcomed our mini goldendoodle 7, almost seven years ago. We just added the amazing Hazel! Of course, I am always posting tons and tons of photos! Be sure to check out my recipe for Pet Bone Broth! This broth is super rich in nutrients and will provide your pet with a multitude of health benefits!
Be sure to follow me on social media! I’m always talking food, fashion, and family! I also love sharing some of my favorite Amazon Finds too. Click here to check out my Amazon page! Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Pinterest!
No comment yet, add your voice below!