This Easy Chicken and Mushrooms is a perfect weeknight meal that is not only quick to prepare, but also keto friendly!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half (horizontally)
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 Cup white wine
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock
- 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 –2 Tablespoons sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- fresh chopped parsley, garnish
- Cut chicken breasts in half, horizontally.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron pan.
- Coat each breast with a light dusting of the Parmesan cheese.
- Brown the chicken on both sides. Plan on about four minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and allow to cook down for a few minutes before seasoning them with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Turn up the heat to allow the moisture to cook off and brown the mushrooms.
- Turn the heat back down and add in the shallots and garlic. Cook for just a minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Loosen up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Toss in the fresh herbs.
- Pour in the chicken stock and heavy whipping cream.
- Add in the sun dried tomatoes. Cook for another minute or two.
- Add back the chicken. Cook long enough to heat up the chicken.
- Plate. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- See post for side dish recommendations.
SEE POST FOR RECIPE TIPS
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20