Looking for a delicious low-carb pizza recipe that doesn’t compromise on taste? This Air Fryer Mushroom Pizza recipe is a game-changer! Using portobello mushrooms as the base, this keto-friendly recipe transforms a classic favorite into a carb-free alternative.
With gooey melted cheese and savory marinara sauce, these mushroom pizzas are perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Easily, customize to include your favorite pizza toppings.
Why You Should Make Air Fryer Mushroom Pizza
- Low-Carb Alternative: This air fryer recipe offers a low-carb twist on a classic pizza by using portobello mushrooms as the base. It’s a fantastic option for individuals looking to cut down on carbs, without sacrificing flavor.
- Quick and Easy: With simple preparation and utilizing the convenience of an air fryer, this delicious recipe comes together quickly. It’s perfect for busy weeknights when you want a satisfying meal, without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Customizable Toppings: The versatility of toppings allows for creativity and personalization. You can tailor the toppings to suit your taste preferences, making each mushroom pizza a unique creation.
- Delicious and Flavorful: Despite being low-carb, these mushroom pizzas pack a punch of flavor. The combination of melted cheese, savory marinara sauce and the earthy taste of portobello mushrooms creates a full of flavor pizza.
- Versatile: Whether served as a main course alongside a side salad or as appetizer, these mushroom pizzas are quite versatile.
- Air Fryer Convenience: Utilizing the air fryer not only reduces the cooking time, but also yields a satisfying texture to the mushrooms.
- Air Fryer vs. Oven-Baked: As a test, I prepared these Portobello Mushroom Pizzas in both the air fryer and oven. In my opinion, we preferred the air fryer method. The pizzas were quicker to prepare and the texture was much better using the air fryer.
Creative Mushroom Pizza Toppings
Get creative with additional toppings! Consider adding:
- bell peppers
- diced onions
- cooked sausage crumbles
- sliced olives
- banana peppers
How to Make Mushroom Pizza in the Air Fryer
This quick and easy pizza recipe will definitely satisfy your cravings. Not only is this a great low-carb pizza recipe, but it’s also a great way to introduce air fryer cooking to your family:
- Begin by heating the marinara sauce with a tablespoon of olive oil and torn fresh basil leaves in a saucepan.
- Prep the portobello mushrooms by wiping them with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt. Remove the gills and stem using a spoon to create a well, while keeping most of the mushroom intact.
- Brush the remaining olive oil inside and on the bottom of the mushrooms.
- Season the insides with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Spoon the warmed marinara sauce into the mushrooms.
- Place the mushrooms in the air fryer and air fry at 380°F for 6 minutes (you may need to do this in batches depending on the air fryer’s size).
- Top the mushrooms with shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Return them to the air fryer for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Chiffonade the remaining basil leaves and garnish each mushroom pizza before serving.
Alternative Baking Method:
As an alternative to preparing these mushroom pizzas in the air fryer, you can use a conventional oven. Add all of the toppings to the mushrooms. Place on a pan fitted with a wire rack. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 25 minutes. Broil for the last minute or two, in order to brown the cheese.
How to Serve and Store Air Fryer Mushroom Pizza
Serving Suggestions: Pair these delectable mushroom pizzas with a side salad tossed in a light vinaigrette or with roasted vegetables, for a well-rounded meal. They also make an excellent appetizer for parties or game nights.
Storage and Reheating: To store leftovers, place the cooled mushroom pizzas in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply place them back in the air fryer or oven, until warmed through.
More Air Fryer Recipes to LovePrint
GET TO KNOW ME!
WELCOME! My name is Melissa Latin aka. Charlotte Fashion Plate. Happy to meet you! I am more than just recipes. I love fashion and style too! Most importantly, I love my Family (my Hubby and my Fur Babies). My Husband (aka my “Kitchen Bitch”) means the world to me. He’s pretty damn cool too. Not only is he one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, he also has had a lengthy career in professional hockey. Not only winning two Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins in the early ’90’s, but most recently winning the Calder Cup with the Charlotte Checkers, amongst many other accolades. If you live in Charlotte and play hockey, or have a family member who plays, be sure to contact him!
Our life has changed dramatically in the past few years with the passing of our two goldendoodles, Vegas and Viva. We were lucky enough to have Vegas for five years (totally wish it was longer). Most recently, losing our Viva to a brain tumor in July of 2020. We welcomed our mini goldendoodle 7, almost seven years ago. We just added the amazing Hazel! Of course, I am always posting tons and tons of photos! Be sure to check out my recipe for Pet Bone Broth! This broth is super rich in nutrients and will provide your pet with a multitude of health benefits!
In addition, I’m so very excited to announce I have published my first e-book and paperback, “Mastering Thanksgiving – A Guide to Perfecting Your Thanksgiving Dinner.” Your support would mean the world to me.
Let’s Get Social!
Be sure to follow me on social media! I’m always talking food, fashion, and family! I also love sharing some of my favorite Amazon Finds too. Click here to check out my Amazon page! Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Pinterest! THANK YOU!