Get ready to elevate your pasta game with a celebrity twist on a classic pasta dish! GiGi Hadid’s Quick Pasta alla Vodka is a delightful blend of sophistication and flavor that will leave you craving more. Use your favorite pasta shape.
Ingredients to make Pasta alla Vodka
More than likely, you have most everything on hand to make this delicious and quick, pasta alla vodka:
- Pasta: Substitute with your preferred type of pasta, such as penne, rigatoni, or fettuccine.
- Shallot: Use finely chopped onion as an alternative.
- Garlic: Garlic powder or pre-minced garlic can be used as convenient substitutes.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (Optional): Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or paprika for a subtle heat, or leave out.
- Tomato Paste: Use a cup of crushed tomatoes, passata, or tomato purée instead.
- Vodka: Non-alcoholic options include vegetable or chicken broth, or simply omit it for a different flavor profile.
- Heavy Cream: Substitute with half-and-half, whole milk, or a dairy-free alternative like coconut cream.
- Parmesan Cheese: Try Pecorino Romano or Grana Padano as alternatives for a slightly different taste.
- Fresh Basil: Replace with dried basil or other fresh herbs like parsley or oregano.
How to Make Quick Pasta alla Vodka
Incredibly, this Pasta alla Vodka comes together so quickly and easily:
- Start the pasta cooking in salted, boiling water.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced shallot and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add crushed red pepper flakes.
- Sauté for a minute or two, until softened.
- Stir in the tomato paste, allowing it to cook for 2-3 minutes to enhance flavors.
- Pour in the vodka, letting it simmer for another 2-3 minutes to cook off the alcohol.
- Pour in a ladle of the pasta water.
- Lower the heat and incorporate the heavy cream.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- Transfer the pasta directly from the pot to the sauce. Toss to coat.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional Parmesan and basil.
How to Serve and Store Leftover Pasta
- Presentation: Plate the Pasta alla Vodka in a shallow bowl, or on a flat plate for an elegant presentation.
- Garnish: Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and finely chopped fresh basil.
- Accompaniments: Serve with a side of garlic bread and/or a crisp salad, to compliment the richness of the dish.
- Refrigeration: Store any leftover Pasta alla Vodka in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: Gently reheat the pasta on the stovetop with a splash of additional cream or broth to maintain its creamy consistency. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
More Pasta Recipe to LovePrint
GET TO KNOW ME!
WELCOME! My name is Melissa Latin aka. Charlotte Fashion Plate. Happy to meet you! I am more than just recipes. I love fashion and style too! Most importantly, I love my Family (my Hubby and my Fur Babies). My Husband (aka my “Kitchen Bitch”) means the world to me. He’s pretty damn cool too. Not only is he one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, he also has had a lengthy career in professional hockey. Not only winning two Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins in the early ’90’s, but most recently winning the Calder Cup with the Charlotte Checkers, amongst many other accolades. If you live in Charlotte and play hockey, or have a family member who plays, be sure to contact him!
Our life has changed dramatically in the past few years with the passing of our two goldendoodles, Vegas and Viva. We were lucky enough to have Vegas for five years (totally wish it was longer). Most recently, losing our Viva to a brain tumor in July of 2020. We welcomed our mini goldendoodle 7, almost seven years ago. We just added the amazing Hazel! Of course, I am always posting tons and tons of photos! Be sure to check out my recipe for Pet Bone Broth! This broth is super rich in nutrients and will provide your pet with a multitude of health benefits!
In addition, I’m so very excited to announce I have published my first e-book and paperback, “Mastering Thanksgiving – A Guide to Perfecting Your Thanksgiving Dinner.” Your support would mean the world to me.
Let’s Get Social!
Be sure to follow me on social media! I’m always talking food, fashion, and family! I also love sharing some of my favorite Amazon Finds too. Click here to check out my Amazon page! Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Pinterest! THANK YOU!