If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make pasta recipe that’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, look no further than Pasta with Shrimp and Tomatoes. This simple pasta dish is packed with flavor, thanks to the combination of juicy cherry tomatoes, plump shrimp, fresh spinach, and aromatic garlic and shallots. Best of all, it only takes less about 15 minutes from prep to plate!
Additionally, this shrimp pasta is perfect for meal prep, as it will last in the fridge for up to 4 days!
TIPS FOR COOKING PASTA
When it comes to cooking pasta, there are a few tips and tricks you can use to make sure your pasta turns out perfectly every time:
- Make sure you use a large pot of salted boiling water to cook your pasta. This helps the pasta cook evenly and prevents it from sticking together.
- Cook the pasta to “al dente” – this means it’s cooked through but still firm to the bite.
- Reserve some of the pasta water before draining the pasta. This starchy water can be used to thin out sauces or add a bit of richness to a dish.
INGREDIENTS FOR PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND TOMATOES
Shrimp: A great source of protein, and it’s also low in fat and calories. It’s an excellent choice for anyone who’s looking to eat healthily but still wants something that’s filling and satisfying. Shrimp cook in just a few minutes!
Cherry tomatoes: Cherry tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C, and they’re also low in calories. They add a bright, juicy flavor to this seafood pasta dish. Tomatoes pair perfectly with the shrimp and spinach.
Spinach: One of the most nutrient-dense vegetables out there. It’s high in vitamins A and C, iron, and calcium, making it a great choice for anyone who’s looking to eat healthier.
Garlic and Shallots: Both garlic and shallots are members of the allium family, which means they’re packed with antioxidants and other beneficial compounds. They add an aromatic depth of flavor to this dish that’s hard to beat.
White wine: Just a splash to add another depth of flavor to the sauce. It’s ok to leave out, or substitute with vegetable or chicken stock.
Linguine Pasta: Feel free to substitute with spaghetti, your favorite pasta shape, or see carb-free pasta alternatives below.
Lemon zest: A sprinkle of lemon zest as a garnish is the perfect way to brighten up the dish and marry all of the fresh flavors.
CARB-FREE ALTERNATIVES TO PASTA
If you’re looking for carb-free alternatives to pasta, there are several options available. Here are a few examples:
- Zucchini noodles (also known as “zoodles”) – You can create these by using a spiralizer to turn zucchini into long, thin strips that resemble spaghetti. You can serve them raw or lightly cooked.
- Spaghetti squash – When cooked, spaghetti squash can be shredded into spaghetti-like strands that make a great substitute for pasta.
- Bean-based pasta – These pastas are typically made from legumes such as chickpeas, black beans, or lentils. They’re higher in protein and fiber than traditional pasta and lower in carbs.
HOW TO SERVE AND STORE PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH
Easily serve this incredible Shrimp Pasta with crusty bread and/or a simple side salad.
To store this Easy Pasta with Tomatoes and Spinach, follow these steps:
- Allow the Shrimp Pasta dish to cool down to room temperature before storing it.
- Transfer the pasta dish into an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag.
- Store the container or bag in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- When you’re ready to eat, reheat the pasta dish in a microwave or on the stovetop.
Note: It’s important to ensure that this healthy pasta dish is completely cooled down before storing it to prevent the growth of bacteria. Also, make sure that the container or bag is airtight to keep the dish fresh for longer.Print
GET TO KNOW ME!
I am more than just recipes. I love fashion and style too! Most importantly, I love my Family (my Hubby and my Fur Babies). My Husband (aka my “Kitchen Bitch”) means the world to me. He’s pretty damn cool too. Not only is he one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, he also has had a lengthy career in professional hockey. Not only winning two Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins in the early ’90’s, but most recently winning the Calder Cup with the Charlotte Checkers, amongst many other accolades. If you live in Charlotte and play hockey, or have a family member who plays, be sure to contact him!
Our life has changed dramatically in the past few years with the passing of our two goldendoodles, Vegas and Viva. We were lucky enough to have Vegas for five years (totally wish it was longer). Most recently, losing our Viva to a brain tumor in July of 2020. We welcomed our mini goldendoodle 7, almost seven years ago. We just added the amazing Hazel! Of course, I am always posting tons and tons of photos! Be sure to check out my recipe for Pet Bone Broth! This broth is super rich in nutrients and will provide your pet with a multitude of health benefits!
Let’s Get Social!
Be sure to follow me on social media! I’m always talking food, fashion, and family! I also love sharing some of my favorite Amazon Finds too. Click here to check out my Amazon page! Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Pinterest! THANK YOU!