Charcuterie. It’s not just restaurant food anymore. Below are some tips on how you can create a crowd-pleasing charcuterie board that’s perfect for your next party, holiday gathering, or just because. Charcuterie boards add a level of sophistication to any gathering. They are full of variety and pairings that will tempt your taste buds. There’s no wrong way. These boards will please just about any palate. The combinations are endless. There is no cooking involved. Just a minimal amount of prep work that will keep your friends and family satisfied until the main course. Charcuterie is also a great addition to your at-home New Year’s Eve celebration.
Think seasonal when creating your board…below are my favorite selections. Have fun…make it your own…you will see just how enjoyable and quite easy it is!
Basic Tips to Charcuterie
- Cheese…I like a soft, hard, and savory….think of a great blue, brie, and Piave.
- Meat…A great Prosciutto di Parma and Soppressata or hard salami are always included in my boards
- Shortcut…I love the meat wrapped cheese from Fiorucci
- Olives…Castelvetrano or a variety of Greek olives
- Dried Fruit…Cherries, Apricots and Figs!
- Fresh Fruit…Grapes
- Jams…Fig is my favorite
- Honey…Drizzle over the blue for an explosion of flavor…for a spicy element use Mike’s Hot Honey or for a sweet, more fruity flavor, use Orange Blossom Honey!
- Nuts…Do not leave out the nuts…they add a crunchy element that compliments any charcuterie…Marcona Almonds and Honey Roasted Cashews are sure winners.
- I also love filling a small bowl with pearl mozzarella balls marinated with olive oil, kosher salt and red pepper flakes
- Include your favorite Bread or Crackers.
- I love displaying my selections on a gorgeous Wooden Board…head on over to your local Home Goods…they have a great variety and are super inexpensive.
- Wine…pair with your favorite…I love a great Cabernet Sauvvignon!
Where can you find all of these ingredients? I usually have great success at The Fresh Market, or when I’m back home in Pennsylvania, I love shopping for these ingredients at Delallo! Have fun building your own Charcuterie Boards. Please tag me in your photos on Instagram and Facebook! ENJOY!!!
Featured photo credit to Melissa Glumac, Knighton Art Photography…Thank you!