Charcuterie and Cheese Boards. They are not just restaurant food anymore. Below are some tips on how you can create a crowd-pleasing charcuterie and cheese board that’s perfect for your next party, holiday gathering, or just because. Charcuterie and cheese boards add a level of sophistication to any gathering. They are full of variety and pairings that will tempt your taste buds. There’s no wrong way. These boards will please just about any palate. The combinations are endless. There is no cooking involved. Just a minimal amount of prep work that will keep your friends and family satisfied until the main course. Charcuterie and Cheese Boards are also a great addition to your at-home New Year’s Eve celebration.
Think seasonal when creating your boards. Below are my favorite selections. Have fun. Make it your own. DO YOU! You will see just how enjoyable, and quite easy they are to create! Keep in mind that while you are shopping for ingredients, Charcuterie and Cheese Boards can get quite expensive.
BASIC TIPS TO CHARCUTERIE AND CHEESE BOARDS
- Cheese – I like a soft, hard, and savory selection. Think of a great blue (Stilton), brie, Piave, aged cheddar, and Parmesan.
- Meat – A great Prosciutto di Parma and Soppressata, or hard salami are always included in my boards.
- Shortcut – I love the meat wrapped cheese from Fiorucci.
- Olives – Castelvetrano, or a variety of Greek olives
- Dried Fruit – Cherries, Apricots and Figs!
- Fresh Fruit. Grapes or apple slices.
- Jams – Fig is my favorite, but I have also used apricot and red raspberry.
- Honey – Drizzle over the blue for an explosion of flavor. For a spicy element, use Mike’s Hot Honey. Or, for a sweet, more fruity flavor, use Orange Blossom Honey!
- Nuts – Do not leave out the nuts. They add a crunchy element that compliments any Charcuterie and Cheese Board. Marcona Almonds and Honey Roasted Cashews are sure winners.
- I also love filling a small bowl with pearl mozzarella balls marinated with olive oil, kosher salt and red pepper flakes.
- Include your favorite Bread or Crackers, or Sliced Baguette.
- I love displaying my selections on a gorgeous Wooden Board. Head on over to your local Home Goods. They have a great variety, and are super inexpensive. Recently a displayed on a gorgeous platter from Williams-Sonoma. They loved it and actually shared on their Instagram page.
- Wine – Pair with your favorite. I love a great Cabernet Sauvignon!
Where can you find all of these ingredients? I usually have great success at The Fresh Market, or when I’m back home in Pennsylvania, I love shopping for these ingredients at Delallo! Have fun building your own Charcuterie Boards.
Featured photo credit to Melissa Glumac, Knighton Art Photography. Thank you and ENJOY!
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
I am more than just recipes. I love fashion and style too! Most importantly, I love my Family (my Hubby and my Fur Babies). My Husband (aka my “Kitchen Bitch”) means the world to me. He’s pretty damn cool too. Not only is he one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, he also has had a lengthy career in professional hockey. Not only winning two Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins in the early ’90’s, but most recently winning the Calder Cup with the Charlotte Checkers, amongst many other accolades. If you live in Charlotte and play hockey, or have a family member who plays, be sure to contact him. He is known as one of the best skate sharpeners in the world!
Our life has changed dramatically in the past few years with the passing of our two goldendoodles, Vegas and Viva. We were lucky enough to have Vegas for five years (totally wish it was longer). Most recently, losing our Viva to a brain tumor in July of 2020. We welcomed our mini goldendoodle 7, almost seven years ago. We just added the amazing Hazel! Of course, I am always posting tons and tons of photos! Be sure to check out my recipe for Pet Bone Broth! This broth is super rich in nutrients and will provide your pet with a multitude of health benefits!
Be sure to follow me on social media! I’m always talking food, fashion, and family! I also love sharing some of my favorite Amazon Finds too. Click here to check out my Amazon page! Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Pinterest!