Looking for a delicious and healthy salad bowl that packs a flavor punch? Try my Lamb Meatball Mediterranean Salad Bowl! This colorful and satisfying dish features juicy, tender lamb meatballs seasoned with fragrant Mediterranean herbs and spices, paired with crisp mixed greens, blistered cherry tomatoes, tangy red onions and cucumbers, and a whipped feta cheese. Drizzled with lemon juice, this Mediterranean Salad Bowl is a perfect balance of protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy lunch or a hearty dinner, this Lamb Meatball Salad is sure to satisfy your cravings and keep you feeling energized all day long.
Looking for a delicious and easy way to switch up your meatball game? Try these mouthwatering lamb meatballs! Lamb meat is a great source of protein, iron, and other essential nutrients, making it a healthy choice for any meal.
Made with high-quality ground lamb and a blend of aromatic herbs and spices, these meatballs are a flavor explosion in every bite. Whether you’re looking for a protein-packed snack, a savory appetizer, or a hearty addition to your favorite pasta or salad, these tender lamb meatballs are the perfect choice. Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean adventure!
Tips for Making Better Lamb Meatballs
- Use a quality lamb product.
- Instead of using traditional breadcrumbs, break up a slice of bread and soak in heavy whipping cream or milk (you will not need an egg).
- Mix the ingredients just until combined for the most tender meatballs.
- Be gentle when rolling into meatballs.
- As an alternative to frying the meatballs on the stovetop, bake in the oven at 350° for about 15 minutes.
- Fry in batches, if necessary to ensure the meatballs brown and NOT steam.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE PERFECT LAMB MEATBALL MEDITERRANEAN SALAD
I’ll admit, there are a lot of moving parts to this incredible Mediterranean Salad recipe. However, if you follow my simple steps, this healthy and delicious meal will come together in just over 30 minutes!
- Lamb Meatballs: For tender and juicy meatballs, do NOT skip the bread soaked in heavy whipping cream
- Blistered Tomatoes: Just dump in an oven-safe dish with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for about 25 minutes
- Rice: Basmati or Jasmine rice adds a bit more bulk and nuttiness (leave out if you prefer)
- Simple Cucumber and Red Onion: Mini cucumbers combine with thinly sliced red onion and dressed with olive oil and red wine vinegar
- Whipped Feta: In a food processor, blend crumbled feta with cream cheese, black pepper, a pinch of salt and olive oil until smooth and creamy
- Mixed Greens: Hearty greens add another level of flavor and texture
- Olives: Add texture and brininess
MORE TIPS ON MAKING THE BEST LAMB MEATBALL MEDITERRANEAN SALAD BOWL
- This recipe calls for prepared rice. So be sure to either already have the rice prepared, or start the rice first.
- The blistered tomato sauce is yummy! Drizzle on the finished dish for added flavor.
- Add chickpeas for added protein and crunch.
- This Meatball Salad recipe will yield three generous servings as a dinner portion, or 5 servings for lunch, making this Mediterranean Bowl perfect for meal prep.
- Serve with warmed pita or charred bread.
STORAGE AND LEFTOVERS
These Lamb Meatballs are easy to make in bulk and can be stored in the fridge or freezer for quick and easy meals throughout the week. Simply reheat in the oven or microwave, and enjoy!
Not only are our lamb meatballs a tasty and convenient option for meal prep, but they’re also a great source of essential nutrients like iron and B vitamins.
This entire Mediterranean Salad Bowl, sealed tightly in an airtight container, will last 4 to 5 days in the fridge.Print
Lamb Meatball Mediterranean Salad Bowl
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
Looking for a delicious and healthy salad bowl that packs a flavor punch? Try my Lamb Meatball Mediterranean Salad Bowl! This colorful and satisfying dish features juicy, tender lamb meatballs seasoned with fragrant Mediterranean herbs and spices, paired with crisp mixed greens, blistered cherry tomatoes, tangy red onions and cucumbers, and a whipped feta cheese. Drizzled with a zesty lemon juice, this Mediterranean Salad Bowl is a perfect balance of protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oil for frying meatballs
- 4 ounces mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups prepared rice
- 1/2 cup mixed olives, pitted
- 1 slice hearty bread, torn into tiny pieces
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped plus more for finished garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
FOR THE BLISTERED TOMATOES:
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
FOR THE WHIPPED FETA:
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil (add until smooth and creamy)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of salt
FOR THE CUCUMBER SALAD:
- 3 to 4 mini cucumbers, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In an oven-safe dish, add the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Once the tomatoes are placed in the oven, start preparing the meatballs.
- In a bowl, break up the bread and mix with the heavy whipping cream. Allow to soak for a few minutes.
- Add in the remaining meatball ingredients. Gently mix until just combined.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a pan to medium. Form meatballs.
- Fry until they are fully-cooked and browned on all sides.
- As the meatballs are frying, prepare the cucumber salad and reserve in fridge.
- In a food processor, add the feta, cream cheese, salt, pepper and one tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Blend and check consistency. Add more olive oil and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Build the salad by adding a 1/2 cup of prepared rice on one side of the bowl and a few ounces of mixed greens on the other side.
- Add a few dollops of whipped feta and top with a few spoonfuls of the blistered tomatoes (drizzle on some of that yummy liquid too).
- Add a handful of the cucumber salad, along with 4 to 5 meatballs.
- Place a few olives, lemon wedge and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- For added flavor, drizzle on the juice from the blistered tomatoes.
- Rice can be prepared ahead of time, or leave out if you wish.
- Cucumber salad and whipped feta can also be prepared in advance.
- See post for additional notes and tips!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Moderate
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: how to make lamb meatballs, how to make a Lamb Meatball Mediterranean Salad Bowl, what spices to use for lamb meatballs, easy meatball recipes, easy lamb meatball recipes, what goes into a Mediterranean salad, easy rice bowl ideas, what does lamb taste like, where can I buy ground lamb,
GET TO KNOW ME!
I am more than just recipes. I love fashion and style too! Most importantly, I love my Family (my Hubby and my Fur Babies). My Husband (aka my “Kitchen Bitch”) means the world to me. He’s pretty damn cool too. Not only is he one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, he also has had a lengthy career in professional hockey. Not only winning two Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins in the early ’90’s, but most recently winning the Calder Cup with the Charlotte Checkers, amongst many other accolades. If you live in Charlotte and play hockey, or have a family member who plays, be sure to contact him!
Our life has changed dramatically in the past few years with the passing of our two goldendoodles, Vegas and Viva. We were lucky enough to have Vegas for five years (totally wish it was longer). Most recently, losing our Viva to a brain tumor in July of 2020. We welcomed our mini goldendoodle 7, almost seven years ago. We just added the amazing Hazel! Of course, I am always posting tons and tons of photos! Be sure to check out my recipe for Pet Bone Broth! This broth is super rich in nutrients and will provide your pet with a multitude of health benefits!
Let’s Get Social!
Be sure to follow me on social media! I’m always talking food, fashion, and family! I also love sharing some of my favorite Amazon Finds too. Click here to check out my Amazon page! Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Pinterest! THANK YOU!
No comment yet, add your voice below!