Looking for a delicious and healthy salad bowl that packs a flavor punch? Try my Lamb Meatball Mediterranean Salad Bowl! This colorful and satisfying dish features juicy, tender lamb meatballs seasoned with fragrant Mediterranean herbs and spices, paired with crisp mixed greens, blistered cherry tomatoes, tangy red onions and cucumbers, and a whipped feta cheese. Drizzled with a zesty lemon juice, this Mediterranean Salad Bowl is a perfect balance of protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oil for frying meatballs
- 4 ounces mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups prepared rice
- 1/2 cup mixed olives, pitted
- 1 slice hearty bread, torn into tiny pieces
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped plus more for finished garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
FOR THE BLISTERED TOMATOES:
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
FOR THE WHIPPED FETA:
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil (add until smooth and creamy)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of salt
FOR THE CUCUMBER SALAD:
- 3 to 4 mini cucumbers, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In an oven-safe dish, add the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Once the tomatoes are placed in the oven, start preparing the meatballs.
- In a bowl, break up the bread and mix with the heavy whipping cream. Allow to soak for a few minutes.
- Add in the remaining meatball ingredients. Gently mix until just combined.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a pan to medium. Form meatballs.
- Fry until they are fully-cooked and browned on all sides.
- As the meatballs are frying, prepare the cucumber salad and reserve in fridge.
- In a food processor, add the feta, cream cheese, salt, pepper and one tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Blend and check consistency. Add more olive oil and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Build the salad by adding a 1/2 cup of prepared rice on one side of the bowl and a few ounces of mixed greens on the other side.
- Add a few dollops of whipped feta and top with a few spoonfuls of the blistered tomatoes (drizzle on some of that yummy liquid too).
- Add a handful of the cucumber salad, along with 4 to 5 meatballs.
- Place a few olives, lemon wedge and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- For added flavor, drizzle on the juice from the blistered tomatoes.
- Rice can be prepared ahead of time, or leave out if you wish.
- Cucumber salad and whipped feta can also be prepared in advance.
- See post for additional notes and tips!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Moderate
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: how to make lamb meatballs, how to make a Lamb Meatball Mediterranean Salad Bowl, what spices to use for lamb meatballs, easy meatball recipes, easy lamb meatball recipes, what goes into a Mediterranean salad, easy rice bowl ideas, what does lamb taste like, where can I buy ground lamb,