If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal that’s also healthy and satisfying, give this Pasta with Shrimp and Tomatoes recipe a try. It’s a great way to get a balanced meal on the table in just about 15 minutes. It’s sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 pound 16/20-count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 small fresh basil leaves, torn
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, salted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- pasta water
- While the water is boiling for the pasta, prep the remaining ingredients.
- Salt the water for the pasta. Dunk the pasta.
- In a separate saucepan, heat up the olive oil and butter to just a sizzle.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt.
- Allow the tomatoes to cook down for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the minced garlic and shallots, half of the black pepper and crushed red pepper. Cook for another minute.
- Add in the fresh basil, white wine and a few small ladles of pasta water. Cook for another minute.
- Add in the shrimp and fresh spinach. Toss.
- Add the al dente pasta directly from the pot, along with another ladle of pasta water.
- The shrimp will finish cooking as you toss the pasta. This will only take a minute.
- Plate the pasta. Top with the pan sauce.
- Garnish with fresh lemon zest and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread and ENJOY!
- Do NOT forget to salt the water for the pasta.
- Cook pasta to al dente
- Do NOT overcook the shrimp.
- If the pasta seems a little dry, add more pasta water.
- See post for tips on how to cook pasta and carb-free alternatives to pasta.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner, Pasta
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: pasta with shrimp, pasta with shrimp and tomatoes, easy pasta recipe, quick pasta recipe, weeknight pasta dinner, easy weeknight dinner, pasta with shrimp recipe, easy shrimp recipes, quick shrimp recipes, cherry tomatoes, tips on cooking pasta, meal prep ideas, healthy pasta recipe,