When it comes to weeknight dinners, we all crave something that’s not only delicious, but also easy to prepare and easy to clean up. That’s where Tomato Garlic Roasted Salmon comes to the rescue! This family-friendly recipe offers a perfect balance of convenience and flavor, making it an ideal option for busy weeknights when time is of the essence.
This easy salmon recipe is a fantastic addition to your culinary repertoire, offering both flavor and nutrition in one incredible dish. It’s a delightful sheet pan dinner that will undoubtedly become a favorite at your dining table, impressing friends and family alike.
LET’S TALK SALMON
Typically, Faroe Island salmon is my go-to when creating salmon recipes. The fat lines in this salmon make it difficult to overcook, and become dry.
This type of nutrient-rich salmon is farm-raised using sustainable aquaculture practices. However, it is raised in a contained area of the salmon’s natural habitat. The Faroe Islands have strict regulations in place to ensure the well-being of the fish and minimize environmental impact.
Wild-caught salmon is harvested from their natural habitats, where they roam freely and feed on natural food sources.If you are looking for a sustainable, wild-caught salmon alternative to Faroe Island, King (Chinook) salmon is a great choice.
Flavor Profile and Texture
Faroe Island Salmon is known for its rich and fatty texture, offering a buttery and tender mouthfeel. It has a milder flavor compared to some wild-caught salmon varieties. On the other hand, the flavor and texture of wild-caught salmon can vary depending on the species and its environment. It tends to have a more robust flavor and firmer texture due to its natural diet and active lifestyle.
Both Faroe Island Salmon and wild-caught salmon are excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health and brain function. The specific levels may differ depending on the species, diet, and environmental factors.
- Arctic Char is another viable substitute for salmon. It is a cold-water fish with a flavor profile reminiscent of a cross between salmon and trout. It has a rich and buttery texture and can be cooked in a variety of ways.
- For vegetarian or vegan options, seitan or tofu can be used as substitutes for salmon. These plant-based alternatives can be marinated and cooked to mimic the texture and flavors of fish. However, it’s important to note that the taste and texture will differ from actual salmon. Be sure to check out my recipe for Miso Glazed Vegan Scallops!
- Chicken can also be a great alternative. It’s important to note that it won’t provide the same flavor or nutritional composition. However, chicken’s versatility, affordability, and widespread availability make it an excellent choice for those seeking a substitute for salmon in various recipes and dietary preferences.
- This recipe will also work well with cod, halibut or your favorite fish.
Hungry for More?
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out some of my other favorite salmon recipes!
- Blackened Salmon Rice Bowl
- Phyllo Wrapped Spinach Salmon
- Creamy Tuscan Salmon
- Salmon Steamed in Parchment
EASY TO PREPARE TOMATO GARLIC ROASTED SALMON
One of the greatest advantages of this busy weeknight recipe is the minimal prep time it requires. With just a handful of ingredients, you can have the salmon seasoned and ready for the oven within minutes. Unlike some elaborate seafood recipes that demand hours of cooking, this Tomato Garlic Roasted Salmon takes less than 20 minutes in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a bowl, combine the halved cherry tomatoes, minced garlic, fresh herbs, salt and pepper, olive oil and melted butter.
- Place the salmon on a foil-lined baking pan. Pat dry. Season with your favorite seasoning blend.
- Pour on the tomato mixture.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Garnish with capers, or caper berries, fresh parsley, lemon juice and lemon zest for zing and brightness.
This protein-packed salmon and tomatoes recipe is so versatile. You can customize it to suit your preferences and available ingredients. If you have different herbs on hand, feel free to experiment and find your favorite herb mix. You can also use any variety of tomatoes. The options are endless, making this salmon dinner idea a go-to solution for any weeknight.
What are caper berries?
Caper berries have a briny and tart flavor with a pleasant acidity that adds a burst of zing to dishes. The taste is often described as a combination of olives and pickles, making them a popular ingredient in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines. Their unique taste profile makes them a great garnish to this quick and easy salmon recipe.
HOW TO SERVE TOMATO GARLIC ROASTED SALMON
When serving this Tomato Garlic Roasted Salmon, consider pairing it simply with steamed rice, or a variety of delicious sides to create a well-rounded and satisfying meal. Here are some exceptional options:
- Roasted Vegetables: Roast a colorful array of seasonal vegetables such as asparagus, bell peppers, and zucchini for a nutritious and flavorful accompaniment to the salmon.
- Lemon Herb Quinoa: Prepare a zesty quinoa salad by mixing cooked quinoa with fresh lemon juice, chopped herbs like parsley and dill, and a dash of olive oil.
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Creamy and garlic-infused mashed potatoes are a classic side that complements the richness of the salmon beautifully.
- Sautéed Spinach: Sauté fresh spinach with garlic and olive oil until wilted. This simple and healthy side is a perfect match for the salmon.
- Caprese Salad: Create a light and refreshing Caprese salad with sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, and a balsamic glaze drizzle.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER ROASTED SALMON
If you have leftovers that you’d like to save for later, proper storage is essential to maintain the freshness and flavor of the dish. Here’s how to store and reheat your Tomato Garlic Roasted Salmon:
- Storage: Allow the leftover salmon to cool to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container. Refrigerate the salmon for up to 3-4 days.
- Reheating: To reheat the salmon, there are a few options:
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C), and place the salmon on a baking sheet. Cover with aluminum foil to prevent drying out, and heat for about 10-15 minutes or until warmed through.
- Microwave: If you’re short on time, you can microwave the salmon on a microwave-safe plate. Use medium power and reheat in 30-second intervals until thoroughly heated.
- Stovetop: For a more controlled reheating, use a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a splash of water or broth to keep the salmon moist, and gently warm each side for a few minutes.
Transform Leftover Tomato Garlic Salmon
If you happen to have any leftovers from this flavorful Tomato Garlic Roasted Salmon, you can repurpose these tasty morsels into equally delicious meals, and/or use as a healthy meal prep option. Here are some creative ideas to make the most of your leftovers:
- Salmon Salad: Flake the leftover salmon and toss it with fresh greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and your favorite dressing. This refreshing and healthy salmon salad is perfect for a light lunch or dinner.
- Salmon Sandwich: Create a scrumptious sandwich by layering the leftover salmon with some lettuce, avocado, and a drizzle of lemon-dill mayonnaise between two slices of whole-grain bread.
- Salmon Pasta: Incorporate the flaked salmon into your favorite pasta dish.
- Salmon Wrap: Wrap the salmon in a whole-wheat tortilla along with mixed greens, sliced red onion, and a tangy Greek yogurt sauce. This portable and flavorful wrap is perfect for an on-the-go lunch.
- Salmon Fried Rice: Transform the salmon into a delightful Asian-inspired dish. Sauté some diced vegetables, garlic, and ginger, then add cooked rice and the flaked salmon. Drizzle with soy sauce and sesame oil for a mouthwatering Salmon Fried Rice.
GET TO KNOW ME!
I am more than just recipes. I love fashion and style too! Most importantly, I love my Family (my Hubby and my Fur Babies). My Husband (aka my “Kitchen Bitch”) means the world to me. He’s pretty damn cool too. Not only is he one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, he also has had a lengthy career in professional hockey. Not only winning two Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins in the early ’90’s, but most recently winning the Calder Cup with the Charlotte Checkers, amongst many other accolades. If you live in Charlotte and play hockey, or have a family member who plays, be sure to contact him!
Our life has changed dramatically in the past few years with the passing of our two goldendoodles, Vegas and Viva. We were lucky enough to have Vegas for five years (totally wish it was longer). Most recently, losing our Viva to a brain tumor in July of 2020. We welcomed our mini goldendoodle 7, almost seven years ago. We just added the amazing Hazel! Of course, I am always posting tons and tons of photos! Be sure to check out my recipe for Pet Bone Broth! This broth is super rich in nutrients and will provide your pet with a multitude of health benefits!
Let’s Get Social!
Be sure to follow me on social media! I’m always talking food, fashion, and family! I also love sharing some of my favorite Amazon Finds too. Click here to check out my Amazon page! Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Pinterest! THANK YOU!