Looking for a quick and healthy meal that’s bursting with flavor? These Spicy Maple Glazed Salmon Rice Bowls are the answer! This delicious dish combines well-seasoned cubes of salmon, a sweet and spicy maple glaze, steamed broccoli, and fluffy rice. Plus, this delicious salmon dinner is incredibly easy to prepare, making it perfect for busy weeknights and meal prepping.
LET’S TALK SALMON
Typically, Faroe Island salmon is my go-to when creating salmon recipes. This type of salmon is farm-raised. However, it is raised in a contained area of the salmon’s natural habitat. The fat lines in this salmon make it difficult to overcook, and become dry.
If you are looking for a sustainable, wild-caught salmon alternative, King (Chinook) salmon is a great option. Sockeye has a rich flavor and texture and can also be used in this Salmon Bowl recipe.
- Arctic char
If you are not a fan of salmon, try this sweet and spicy glaze on:
- white fish (ie. cod, flounder, mahi, grouper)
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE SPICY MAPLE GLAZED SALMON RICE BOWLS
Season and Prep the Salmon
- Preheat your oven to 400° (200°C).
- Cut the salmon into bite-sized cubes
- Add the salmon to a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Gently, mix to coat.
Bake the Salmon
- Place the salmon cubes on a non-stick or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes in the oven, or until the salmon is cooked through and slightly crispy.
Prepare the Maple Glaze
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix the maple syrup and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until warm.
Glaze the Salmon
- Remove the salmon from the oven
- Drizzle the warm maple syrup mixture over the salmon cubes.
- Return the salmon to the oven for an additional 1-2 minutes to caramelize the glaze. Keep a close eye to prevent burning.
Assemble the Bowls
- In serving bowls, divide the steamed rice and steamed broccoli.
- Top with the spicy maple glazed salmon cubes.
- Additionally, garnish with fresh herbs and/or toasted sesame seeds.
Air Fryer Salmon Bites
To prepare these spicy maple salmon bites using the air frying, follow these steps:
- preheat the air fryer to 400°
- spray the inside of the basket with non-stick spray
- place the seasoned salmon bites (may have to prepare in batches depending on the size of the air-fryer)
- air fry the salmon for about 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway (internal temperature should be 145° for salmon that is not sushi-grade)
- remove the salmon from the air fryer, spoon on the warmed, spicy maple syrup and throw back in the air fryer for another minute, or two
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE THIS SPICY MAPLE SALMON BOWL
There are several compelling reasons why you should consider making this Spicy Maple Glazed Salmon Rice Bowl recipe:
- Flavorful: The combination of flavors in this quick rice bowl is outstanding. The sweet and spicy maple glaze perfectly compliments the savory, well-seasoned salmon.
- Health Benefits: This recipe offers a well-rounded meal. Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are excellent for heart health and brain function. Additionally, steamed broccoli adds essential vitamins and fiber to your diet, while the steamed rice provides a comforting base.
- Ease of Preparation: Busy weeknights call for quick and hassle-free meals, and this easy salmon recipe fits the bill. With minimal prep and straightforward steps, you can have a gourmet-quality dinner in no time. In fact, this salmon rice bowl may become your new under 30-minute meal!
- Customizable: You can easily adjust the level of spiciness in the maple glaze by varying the amount of crushed red pepper flakes. This makes it suitable for a wide range of palates, from those who enjoy a mild kick to those who crave more heat.
- Perfect Balance: These rice bowls strike an ideal balance between protein, vegetables, and carbohydrates, making them a satisfying and well-rounded meal option for the whole family.
- Versatile: You can easily adapt this salmon bowl recipe to your preferences. Use the same glaze on chicken, tofu, or even grilled vegetables for a different twist.
- Customizable: Easily substitute the spicy maple syrup with hot honey, add additional steamed vegetables and/or swap out the rice for grains like quinoa, or cauliflower rice for a lower-carb option.
- Easy Storage: With leftovers, you can enjoy the deliciousness of this family-friendly meal for lunch or dinner, over the next two days.
MORE RICE BOWLS TO LOVE
If you love this Spicy Maple Glazed Salmon Rice Bowl, or what more fabulous rice bowl recipes, check these out:Print
GET TO KNOW ME!
I am more than just recipes. I love fashion and style too! Most importantly, I love my Family (my Hubby and my Fur Babies). My Husband (aka my “Kitchen Bitch”) means the world to me. He’s pretty damn cool too. Not only is he one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, he also has had a lengthy career in professional hockey. Not only winning two Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins in the early ’90’s, but most recently winning the Calder Cup with the Charlotte Checkers, amongst many other accolades. If you live in Charlotte and play hockey, or have a family member who plays, be sure to contact him!
Our life has changed dramatically in the past few years with the passing of our two goldendoodles, Vegas and Viva. We were lucky enough to have Vegas for five years (totally wish it was longer). Most recently, losing our Viva to a brain tumor in July of 2020. We welcomed our mini goldendoodle 7, almost seven years ago. We just added the amazing Hazel! Of course, I am always posting tons and tons of photos! Be sure to check out my recipe for Pet Bone Broth! This broth is super rich in nutrients and will provide your pet with a multitude of health benefits!
Let’s Get Social!
Be sure to follow me on social media! I’m always talking food, fashion, and family! I also love sharing some of my favorite Amazon Finds too. Click here to check out my Amazon page! Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Pinterest! THANK YOU!