Looking for a new way to enjoy Brussels sprouts. My recipe for Crispy Smashed Brussels Sprouts will satisfy. Super easy to prepare and they make the perfect snack, or side dish.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- kosher salt for water
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 Cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 to 5 pats of butter
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Salt.
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Cut the ends off of the sprouts and place in the boiling water until they are fork tender. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika and crushed red pepper. Toss in the sprouts and fully coat.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the steam sprouts onto the pan. Smash each with the bottom of a glass or flat surface.
- Drizzle each with any of the remaining oil mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip. Top each with a bit of the Parmesan cheese. Place the butter pats around the pan.
- Back into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the sprouts are crispy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Keywords: smashed Brussels sprouts recipe, how to make smashed Brussels sprouts, keto friendly side dish,