Our Savory Puff Pastry Quiche is a mouthwatering combination of flavors and textures that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. With a flaky puff pastry crust and a filling packed with country sausage, jalapeños, and cheddar cheese, this quiche is a showstopper that’s surprisingly easy to make.
- 1 sheet refrigerated or frozen puff pastry that has been thawed according to package directions
- 12-ounces country sausage
- 7 eggs, plus one for egg wash
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet to fit a deep dish pastry tart pan.
- Form the dough to fit the pan. Trim off excess dough from the edges.
- Poke the bottom and the sides of the pastry with a fork.
- Wrinkle a piece of parchment paper and place on top of the puff pastry.
- Add in any dried beans you have on hand. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the pastry is baking, start browning the sausage in a pan.
- As the sausage is cooking, in a bowl add the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Combine well with an immersion blender or whisk.
- Once the sausage is almost fully cooked, add in the jalapeños and onions. Finish cooking the sausage and softening the vegetables for a few more minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Remove the pastry from the oven.
- Line the bottom of the pastry with 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- Spread out the sausage mixture evenly over the cheese.
- Pour in the egg custard.
- Sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Create an egg wash with the remaining egg and a touch of water. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the eggs set.
- Allow the quiche to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- if using frozen puff pastry, be sure to allow time to thaw prior to starting this recipe
- do not skip blind baking the puff pastry
- as a time saver, brown the sausage and create the egg mixture while the pastry is blind baking
- allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting
- see post for additional tips and notes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner
- Method: Moderate
- Cuisine: American, French
Keywords: Quiche Recipe, Savory Puff Pastry Quiche, Sausage and Cheese Quiche, Savory Quiche, Breakfast Quiche, Breakfast Puff Pastry Tart, Savory Breakfast Recipe, Easy Brunch Idea, Holiday Morning Breakfast, Customizable Breakfast Tart, Vegetarian Puff Pastry, Vegan Breakfast Dish, Egg and Sausage Tart, Cheesy Breakfast Delight, Quick Breakfast Recipe, Homemade Puff Pastry, Morning Meal Inspiration, Family Breakfast Dish, Flavorful Brunch Option, Weekend Breakfast Treat, Hearty Breakfast Dish, Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipe, Breakfast Entertaining, Puff Pastry Delicacy, Morning Comfort Food, Rustic Breakfast Tart, Egg and Cheese Filling, Tasty Breakfast Centerpiece, Savory Pastry Creation, Breakfast for a Crowd, Festive Brunch Favorite, Gourmet Breakfast Idea, Creative Tart Recipe, Breakfast and Brunch, Sausage, Egg and Cheese breakfast ideas, breakfast ideas, easy breakfast ideas, breakfast for a crowd, savory breakfast, breakfast casserole recipes, easy breakfast casserole, breakfast ideas, TikTok video showing how to make a Puff Pastry Breakfast Tart, savory puff pastry recipe, charlotte fashion plate