This Sausage Cheese Tortellini Soup with is the perfect solution for busy evenings when you crave a hearty and satisfying meal without spending hours in the kitchen. Packed with bold flavors and simple ingredients, this tortellini soup will become a family favorite in no time.
- 1 pound hot sausage
- 16-ounces frozen or refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 1 large celery stock, minced
- 1 large carrot, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 small Parmesan rind (optional)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In a large pot, cook the hot Italian sausage over medium-high heat, breaking it into crumbles until it’s browned and almost cooked through. Remove any excess fat.
- Add in the minced garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Allow the vegetables to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the halved cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Season with Italian seasoning.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Add in the bay leaves and Parmesan rind. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes (a bit longer if you have the time). Turn up the heat to a heavy simmer.
- Add the store-bought tortellini and cook for an additional 2 -3 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and Parmesan rind.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream and stir in the fresh spinach leaves and let them wilt into the soup.
- Serve the Sausage Cheese Tortellini Soup hot, garnished with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- substitute the hot sausage with mild or sweet Italian sausage, ground beef, ground turkey or a plant-based alternative.
- choose sausage in casing over bulk, just be sure to remove the casing
- cherry tomatoes can be substituted with a large can of crushed or diced tomatoes
- replace the heavy cream with a 1/2 cup of additional chicken stock
- kale is a great replacement for the spinach
- see post for additional notes and tips
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soup, Dinner
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 30-Minute Dinner Recipe, Best Tortellini Soup Recipe, Budget-Friendly Soup Recipe, Cherry Tomato Soup Recipe, Comfort Food Soup, Creamy Tomato Sausage Soup, Delicious Soup with Sausage, easy dinner ideas, Easy soup recipe, Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipe, fall soup ideas, Family-Friendly Soup Recipe, Flavorful Tomato Soup, Healthy Dinner Soup Ideas, Hearty soup recipe, Hearty Tortellini Soup, Homemade Soup for Busy Nights, Homemade Tortellini Soup, Hot Italian Sausage Soup, How to Make Sausage Tortellini Soup, Italian Tortellini Soup, Kid-Friendly Dinner Soup, Nutritious Dinner Soup, one pot soup recipes, One-Pot Sausage Soup, Quick and Easy Pasta Soup, Quick Tortellini Soup, Rustic Italian Soup, Sausage and Cheese Tortellini Soup, Sausage and Spinach Soup, Sausage Cheese Tortellini Soup, Sausage Soup with Garden Tomatoes, Sausage Tortellini Soup, Sausage Tortellini Soup with Spinach, Simple Sausage Soup, Soup for Beginners, Soup for Tomato Lovers, Soup with Fresh Cherry Tomatoes, Soup with Fresh Ingredients, Soup with Parmesan Cheese, soups, Step-by-Step Soup Recipe, Store-Bought Tortellini Recipe, Tomato and Sausage Soup, Top Soup Recipes, tortellini soup recipes, weeknight dinner ideas, Weeknight Soup for the Family, weeknight soup ideas