These crispy fried artichoke hearts are super crispy, and the Lemon Aioli is out of this world! Use canned, quartered artichoke hearts for ease of preparation. If you are not feeling a deep fry, check out my tips for making these Crispy Fried Artichokes in the air fryer!
- 2 cans quartered artichokes
- oil for a deep fry
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
FOR THE LEMON AIOLI:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons stoneground dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients for the aioli. Mix well.
- Cover and reserve until ready to serve.
- Heat to 350°, enough oil in a pot for a deep fry.
- Drain and gently rinse the artichokes. Pat dry.
- In a bowl combine the flour, rice flour and seasonings. Mix to combine.
- Dredge the artichokes in the flour to fully coat.
- Fry the coated artichokes until they turn golden brown (should only take a few minutes). Do not overcrowd the pot. Fry in batches, if necessary.
- Remove and drain on paper towels, or a cooling rack sheet pan combo.
- Salt immediately.
- Serve warm.
- Garnish with fresh lemon wedges, fresh parsley and the lemon aioli.
SEE POST FOR NOTES AND TIPS!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Serving Size: 6 artichokes
Keywords: how to make crispy fried artichokes, how to make lemon aioli, how to make crispy artichokes in the air fryer, easy appetizer ideas, quick appetizer ideas, vegetable appetizer recipes, vegetarian appetizer ideas, how to make vegan aioli,