A Creamy Spinach Orzo Pasta recipe is a great way to use up fridge and pantry items. Serve this orzo pasta as a side dish, or to compliment your favorite protein. It’s a super quick and easy pasta recipe!
- 12 to 16 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 to 2 ladles pasta water, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, divided
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Boil water for the pasta. Do not forget to salt the water.
- Drop the pasta.
- In a separate pan on medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Allow to cook for a minute or two before adding a ladle of the pasta water. Cook for another minute.
- Add the heavy whipping cream. Cook for another minute to start thickening.
- Season with black pepper.
- Whisk in about 1/3 cup of the cheese.
- Add the spinach to wilt.
- Add a touch more pasta water and another 1/3 cup of cheese. Cook another minute.
- Add the pasta directly from the pot with a slotted spoon.
- Season again with a touch more black pepper and crushed red pepper (optional)
- Check the sauce. Too thick? Add a touch more pasta water, and/or cream. Too thin, add small amount of cheese.
- Garnish with the remaining cheese.
- SERVE immediately and ENJOY!
SEE POST FOR TIPS AND NOTES!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: how to make creamy spinach orzo pasta, orzo pasta recipe ideas, pasta with spinach recipes, vegetarian pasta recipes, easy pasta side dish recipes, quick and easy pasta recipe ideas, pasta recipes under thirty minutes, weeknight pasta dishes