Homemade Spaghetti O’s are so very simple to make. You can prepare this tomato pasta in about ten minutes. Not only will this dish from the 70’s transport you back in time, your kids will also love them. Spaghetti O’s are great to serve as a meal, snack or fill in a thermos for school lunches! I’m hopeful this childhood favorite, ring shaped pasta recipe, brings back great childhood memories for you, too!
- 8 ounces o-shaped pasta rings
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons pasta water
- Boil water for the pasta.
- Salt the water and drop pasta.
- In a pan, whisk together the tomato sauce, tomato paste, heavy cream and garlic powder on medium heat.
- Allow the mixture to warm through.
- Slowly, a little bit at a time, whisk in the Parmesan cheese.
- Once all of the cheese is incorporated, whisk in a few tablespoons of pasta water.
- As the sauce simmers, it will start to thicken.
- Transfer the al dente pasta directly from the pot to the sauce with a slotted spoon.
- Add more pasta water and/or Parmesan cheese to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately. ENJOY!
SEE POST FOR NOTES AND TIPS!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Keywords: how to make home spaghetti o's, kid-friendly dinner ideas, tomato pasta recipes, quick pasta recipes, easy pasta recipes, throwback dinner ideas, where can I buy pasta rings for spaghetti o's, kid-friendly pasta dishes, weeknight dinner ideas,