Corned beef is a beloved classic Irish dish, typically served on St. Patrick’s Day. This classic Irish recipe has become popular around the world. It’s a flavorful and hearty meal that’s easy to make, especially when prepared in a slow cooker. Slow Cooker Corned Beef results in a tender, melt-in-your-mouth texture, and it’s the perfect meal for a busy day or a lazy weekend.
- 3 to 4 lb. beef brisket with seasoning packet for corned beef
- 3 to 4 large cabbage leaves (use the outer layers of a head of cabbage)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 4 to 6 cups beef stock or water
- 1 bunch carrots, peeling is optional
- 1 bag baby rainbow carrots, optional
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges
- 8 to 10 small potatoes, cut in half (peeled or unpeeled)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with the cabbage leaves and onions.
- Add the beef brisket.
- Sprinkle on the seasoning packet.
- Pour in enough beef stock or water to almost cover the beef.
- Cover and set slow cooker on LOW for 9 hours.
- In the final hour, preheat oven to 400°.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and cabbage wedges to a baking sheet.
- Coat with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 30 minutes. The potatoes and cabbage should be browned. Broil for a few minutes for a bit more color.
- Once the brisket is fork tender, remove from the slow cooker and allow to rest a few minutes.
- Slice against the grain.
- Place the sliced corned beef on a platter. Spoon on a bit of the cooking liquid.
- Surround the corned beef with the roasted vegetables.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- set the slow cooker to LOW
- as an alternative to roasting, add the vegetables to the slow cooker in the last hour of cook time
- this recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- see post for additional notes, alternative cooking methods and tips!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Irish
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: slow cooker corned beef recipes, how to prepare slow cooker corned beef, St. Patrick's Day dinner ideas, easy slow cooker meals, roasted vegetable recipes, how to roast cabbage, how to roast carrots, easy Irish recipes, classic Irish recipes, what is corned beef, what is beef brisket, TikTok video making Corned Beef, video making corned beef and roasted vegetables, how to make corned beef in a crock pot, easy crock pot recipes