Take your next party to a whole new level by serving these fabulous, rich and creamy Oysters Rockefeller. A Louisiana appetizer favorite made in your very own home. It’s easier than you may think!
- 18 oysters, shucked in half shell
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 11 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon white wine
- 4 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoonfresh parsley, chopped
- rock salt for baking
- lemon zest for garnish
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Crisp up the diced bacon in a pan.
- As the bacon is browning, place the spinach into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for a minute.
- Squeeze out any excess water from the spinach. Chop and reserve.
- Melt three tablespoons of butter in a pan.
- Add in the garlic and shallots. Cook for a minute.
- Add in the chopped spinach. Season with black pepper.
- Pour in the wine. Cook for a minute before adding the heavy whipping cream.
- Cook the mixture for a few minutes to thicken slightly.
- Stir in most of the crisp bacon. Save a few pieces for garnish.
- Remove pan from heat.
- In a small bowl, melt the remaining two tablespoons of butter in the microwave.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and fresh parsley.
- Spread the coarse/rock salt onto a baking dish or oven-safe pan.
- Arrange (nestle) the oysters into the salt bed.
- Place a spoonful or two of the spinach mixture into each oyster.
- Top each oyster with a few generous pinches of both cheeses.
- Sprinkle each with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler and broil for a minute or so to brown the cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Garnish with lemon zest and remaining crispy bacon.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 3 oysters
Keywords: Oysters Rockefeller, how to make Oysters Rockefeller, what are Oysters Rockefeller, seafood hors d’oeuvre ideas, oyster appetizer ideas, what kind of oysters to use to make Oysters Rockefeller,