This Grated Egg Salad Recipe is a WINNER! No more chunky egg whites. The creamy combination of mayo, dijon and hot sauce was the perfect compliment to the texture of the grated eggs and crunch from the onions and fresh jalapeños. Serve inside an avocado, or use one of the suggested serving options!
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 avocados, for serving
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayo (adjust to your preferred creaminess)
- 1 tablespoon dijon
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Hard boil the eggs to a 10-minute mark and peel.
- Grate the eggs inside of a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the avocado.
- Mix well.
- Add more mayo depending on your preferred creaminess.
- Cut the avocados in half.
- Spoon in the grated egg salad.
SEE POST FOR TIPS AND NOTES!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1/2 filled avocado
Keywords: how to grate hard boiled eggs, how to make grated egg salad, grated egg salad recipe ideas, how to serve egg salad, how long to cook eggs for egg salad, how to hard boil an egg, best way to hard boil eggs, how to peel hard boiled eggs