This recipe for Egg Yolk Ricotta Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce is easier than you may think. Follow my tips and techniques and you will not go wrong. ENJOY!
- 16 square or round, wonton wrappers
- 8 egg yolks
- bowl of water for sealing
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons butter
FOR THE RICOTTA FILLING:
- 10 ounces Galbani® Double Cream Ricotta
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (more for garnish)
- zest of one lemon (more for garnish)
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the ricotta filling.
- Bring a pot of water to a gently boil. Salt.
- Transfer filling to a pastry bag or storage bag (with the corner snipped)
- Place a wonton wrapper on a flat surface.
- Pipe a circle of the ricotta filling into the center of the wrapper.
- Place an egg yolk into the center of the piped ricotta.
- Using your finger, wet the inside edges of the wonton wrapper.
- Gently place another wrapper on top.
- Press firmly to seal all edges.
- Repeat for the remaining wontons, or until the ricotta mixture is used up.
- Place the butter into a non-stick pan. Allow to melt and brown slowly at medium to medium-low heat.
- Gently boil the ravioli in batches for two minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place directly into the brown butter for about thirty seconds to coat.
- Plate. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon zest.
SEE POST FOR TIPS!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: ravioli, homemade ravioli, homemade egg yolk ravioli, ravioli with brown butter, brown butter, egg yolk ricotta ravioli, how to make ravioli with wontons