This Creamy Pumpkin Pie Cobbler recipe is my deconstructed version of a favorite fall dessert. The spicy and sweet pumpkin filling has a smooth, yet cake-like texture. Unlike traditional cobblers, the crust is decorated with fall leaves using Wick’s Pies 9″ Circle Rounds. Breaking that flaky crust with a spoon is so very satisfying.
This pumpkiny dessert is easy to put together, and can be a lot of fun for the kiddos. I am certain they will enjoy helping to make the pie crust cutouts. This recipe should make it onto to your Thanksgiving dinner table.
- 1 Wick’s Pies 9″ circle rounds frozen pie crust (thawed)
- Fall cookie cutters (various shapes and sizes)
- 1 15-ounce canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons soften butter, for lining the baking dish
- dusting of flour
- 1 beaten egg, for egg wash
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Remove the frozen pie crust from the freezer and allow to thaw on a flat surface.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the filling.
- Mix well, but do NOT over mix (no worries if you see a few flecks of white from the flour or cream cheese).
- Line the baking dish with the softened butter.
- Pour in the pumpkin filling.
- Lightly dust a board or countertop with flour.
- Place the thawed pie crust.
- Cut out your favorite fall shapes using cookie cutters or your free hand (I used almost the entire dough).
- Lightly brush each design with egg wash.
- Scatter the shapes onto the top of the pumpkin mixture. Be creative!
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool in baking dish for a few minutes.
- Scoop out and serve with whipped topping or ice cream.
- baking time may change depending on the type of dish (glass will bake differently than ceramic)
- see post for additional notes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: how to make creamy pumpkin pie cobbler, can you make pumpkin cobbler, Thanksgiving dessert ideas, easy Thanksgiving dessert recipes, pumpkin pie recipe, what is cobbler, what is the difference between canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie filling, fall dessert ideas, what to serve with pumpkin cobbler, where can I buy autumn cookie cutters,