Just when you thought a summertime staple couldn’t get any better! Well, it can! This recipe for Spicy Creamed Corn on the Cob literally came to me as I was lying in bed thinking about a trip I was making to a local farmer’s market the next day. Sweet summer corn is bathed in a spicy creamy, buttery sauce until it reaches the perfect tenderness.
- 3 to 4 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Remove corn from husks. Clean off any remaining silk and cut each ear into three pieces.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add in the remaining ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the corn.
- Cover and simmer on medium-low heat until desired tenderness (15 to 20 minutes).
- Turn corn, at least once, about halfway through.
- Sauce will start to thicken as it cooks.
- Using tongs, place corn in a bowl and spoon on the creamy sauce.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!
SEE POST FOR TIPS AND NOTES!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3 pieces
Keywords: how to make corn on the cob, corn on the cob recipes, how to make spicy creamed corn on the cob, how to pick the freshest corn on the cob, creamed corn recipes, summer side dish recipes, summer side dish recipe ideas, easy summer side dish recipes, corn side dish recipes, corn recipes, easy corn recipes, barbecue side dish recipes, recipes using corn on the cob, unique ways to make corn on the cob,