This Blackened Salmon Rice Bowl recipe is super healthy, delicious, and so quick and easy to prepare. The flavor from the homemade blackening seasoning will blow you away. Additionally, roasting the Brussels Sprouts adds another dimension of both texture, and smokiness. This rice bowl recipe can also be adapted using your favorite protein. Blackened chicken and/or shrimp are great alternatives to the salmon.
- 1 pound salmon, skinless
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons homemade blackening seasoning (see recipe below)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Prepare the rice.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts and cut in half.
- Place on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast until browned. About 8 to 10 minutes, tossing a few times.
- As the sprouts are roasting, combine all of the ingredients for the blackening season. Mix well.
- Cut the salmon into 1″ cubes.
- Place salmon in a bowl. Coat with the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle on the blackening season. Toss to coat.
- Place salmon pieces on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Once you remove the sprouts, reduce the oven temperature to 350°.
- Bake salmon bites for about 8 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup rice to a serving bowl, with a third each of the salmon and sprouts.
- Drizzle on the spicy mayo.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional)
SEE POST FOR NOTES!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: how to make salmon rice bowls, how to make blackened salmon rice bowls, farmed vs. wild-caught salmon, easy dinner ideas, healthy dinner recipes,