Here is my take on an Italian favorite, Beef Carpaccio. It’s super simple to prepare, yet so elegant.
- 7 oz. filet mignon
- small handful of arugula
- 1 TBLS red onion, minced
- 1 TBLS capers, rinsed
- 1 TBLS shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher or maldon salt
- 2 quail eggs (optional)
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 TBLS olive oil
- 2 tsp golden balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- Wrap the steak in plastic wrap and place in fridge for about 2 hours.
- Chill the serving dish.
- As the steak is chilling, combine the olive oil and balsamic (lemon juice)
- Using a sharp knife, cut super thin slices. (See post for instructions)
- Arrange the beef slices on the chilled platter.
- Add the arugula to the platter.
- Top with the minced red onion and capers.
- Pour on the dressing.
- Finish with the cracked black pepper, salt, and shaved Parmesan.
- Add two quail eggs, if desired.
SEE POST FOR NOTES AND FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS!
- Serving Size:4 slices
Keywords: how to make beef carpaccio, what is beef carpaccio, what is steak tartare, what is the difference between beef carpaccio and steak tartare, is it safe to consume raw beef, is carpaccio raw, is beef carpaccio keto friendly, is beef carpaccio low carb