Take traditional bruschetta for a spin with this recipe for Heirloom Bruschetta Parmesan Crisps. It’s super easy to prepare and can even be made ahead of time. Great as an appetizer for your next party.
- 3 small heirloom tomatoes, diced small
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 TBLS fresh basil, chiffonade
- 3 TBLS olive oil
- 2 TBLS balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBLS golden balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, optional
FOR THE PARMESAN CRISPS
- 12 TBLS Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place two tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese onto the sheet pan. Flatten just a bit and form a round. Finish with the remaining five rounds.
- Place in oven for 5 to 6 minutes. Allow to turn a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit in the pan for a few minutes. Carefully transfer each to a cooling rack or flat surface lined with paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the tomato mixture. Allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes.
- Layer two of the Parmesan crisps onto a plate. Top with a few spoonfuls of the tomato mixture.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
Keywords: bruschetta, how to make bruschetta, how to make parmesan crisps, what to make with heirloom tomatoes