Fettucine with Shrimp in a Sweet Red Pepper Cayenne Sauce
This recipe for Fettucine with Shrimp in a Sweet Red Pepper Cayenne Sauce will rock your dinner table. I was first introduced to this recipe by a cousin of mine who found it on Epicurious. I have modified it to suit my taste. You can decide how spicy you want to make it and can finish this recipe within 15 minutes for under $20 total for a family of four. If you are local to Charlotte, grab your super fresh shrimp and Pasta and Provisions pasta from The Carolina Meat and Fish Co.
What you need:
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined shrimp (cut into 3 pieces each)
- 1 lb. Fettucine (cook while making the sauce)
- 2 red bell peppers cut into thin strips
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 TBLS butter
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cayenne pepper (feel free to adjust to your desired heat level)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (chiffonade)
Melt butter in pan. Add red pepper, minced garlic, and cayenne pepper. Toss and allow to cook for about 7 minutes…just enough to soften the peppers. Add the shrimp, whipping cream and chicken broth. Cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes (as soon as the shrimp turn pink they are fully-cooked). Do NOT overcook the shrimp. Add the Parmesan cheese. Allow mixture to thicken up for a few seconds then remove from heat. Toss in the basil and pour over cooked fettucine…ENJOY! Make extra for leftovers the next day!!!